Ashoka Philosophy Society is pleased to present PhilCon 2019! The second edition of our annual philosophy conference will take place at Ashoka University, Sonepat on March 23, 2019.
Our department aspires to be one of the best in the country, and to provide a platform for interesting, original and fresh content in academic philosophy. At PhilCon, we seek to provide a platform for undergraduates studying or interested in Philosophy to showcase their work as well as receive feedback from leading academics. The conference will be a space for exposure, learning and dialogue. We would like to help nurture a philosophy community across universities in India, thus increasing and diversifying engagement in the discipline.
We welcome all academic papers in Philosophy. The deadline for submission is February 12th, 2019, 11:59 PM. You will be notified of your acceptance by February 23rd, 2019. To submit your paper to PhilCon 2019, follow this link.
Please keep the following submission guidelines in mind:
1. Your paper must be between 1500 and 4000 words long.
2. Academic papers from disciplines other than Philosophy will not be accepted. Feel free to submit papers you may have written as assignments for a particular class or course.
3. Your paper must be double-spaced with font Times New Roman, 12 point.
4. Use a 1-inch margin on all sides of the page, and insert page numbers at the top-right corner.
5. Name your document in the following way:
So for example a document name could be: John_Doe_1998_Ashoka University_2019
Your name and other details should be mentioned in the document name only. Please do not mention your name anywhere in your paper. All papers will be reviewed anonymously.
1. Papers without citations will not be accepted. We prefer citations to be in the latest MLA format.
2. Ashoka University has a strong policy against plagiarism — please ensure that the ideas in your paper are yours, and include citations whenever you engage someone else’s ideas.
Please submit your papers in both Word Doc and PDF format.
While we accept papers that offer compelling and original contributions in all areas of philosophy, we particularly look forward to receiving papers in the following topics: Applied ethics, Feminist philosophy, Indian and non-Western philosophy, Philosophy of Language, Philosophy of Science, African Philosophy, Islamic Philosophy, Philosophy of Race and Gender, and Philosophy of Caste and Class.
Whether or not you submit a paper, you are welcome to attend the conference. To attend, please RSVP on our Facebook Event Page. If you do not use Facebook, you may RSVP by emailing us on email@example.com.
We are eager to read your work! See you at PhilCon 2019.
Ashoka Philosophy Society